Monday, January 14, 2013

My New Page and Introduction...

Hello all. My names Kristen. I go by Kris, or to some Penny. I follow many mini posts, but finally decided to put my own up. My goal with this is to meet new people, get ideas, show some of my own, have a place to show the mini's i'm working on, and whatever else comes to mind. But as you can see from the poll on the right hand side, I would like to use this to connect miniaturists from around the world by doing swaps. I'm not sure how it would go yet or how many people would be interested since I just started this, hence the poll. But my idea was that either monthly or bi-monthly, a swap idea would be agreed upon, a certain date to be done by, who swaps to whom, etc. Each swap would have a theme, I.E- Homemade, a bought item, decorations, a piece or furniture, persons choice, a certain holiday theme, an item for a certain room, etc. You get the idea. And if you all would like, a price point. Like $5 or $10 or persons choice to make each swap equal for all. I've been thinking about this for a while as I follow many of your blogs and adore the items that people make. Plus it gives people a chance to receive items from around the world they may never come in contact otherwise. Plus, who doesn't like getting a package in the mail?!?! I know I do... Hence my E-bay and Etsy addiction. LOL. I also plan to open up an Etsy shop soon, but there's only so many hours in a day.

Now to tell you all a little about me. I've been into mini's as long as I can remember. They've always fascinated me. How small and cute and detailed an item so tiny could be. I have 2 kids, a 12 yr old girl Victoria, and a 6 yr old boy Dameon. Loves of my life. I no longer work, due to my having MS. For those of you who don't know, it's Multiple Sclerosis. It's not a pretty or fun disease. I also have fractures in my back and other back problems, and Fibromyalgia. So minis for me is an outlet to give me something to do and keep my mind off of pain and my hands busy.
For anyone who wants to know more about MS or find out what it is you can google it and find tons of sites and info. I plan on donating 10% of any sales I make on my Etsy site once I do it to the MS Association.

I don't really have any pics to put up at this point as I need to get a new camera, and my webcam takes ones that aren't very pretty. As for the site, please give me time to work it out. I'm getting use to the format and all the ins and outs. But wanted it up. I hope that you find it decent at the least for now. But as time goes on I hope to have a wonderful blog as so many of yours are. If I could come close, I'd be honored.

And PLEASE.....If anyone has any tips, hints, critiques, ideas, or anything else for here, please let me know. I'd be very appreciative. Any little bit helps! XD

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen! It's so nice to meet you-welcome to blogging! I think you will love it--and bloggers that are interested in miniatures are so nice so I'm sure you be having tons of visitors soon. I look forward to watching your blog :) Have a super week!

    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kris! Good Luck with the new blog! Have fun with it! I wish you lots of followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim Nice to meet you. Miniaturists must have an extra gene built in of being extra friendly and easy to get along with. I'm already loving it and can't wait to see where it goes.

    Casey thanks a ton!!! I def will. It means alot to me and you've been a ton of help and inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Add it here!!